Can I Build My Own Pool?
Pool kit is provided with DVD and instructions so you can build your own pool and save a lot of money if you have the time. Or you can organise a local builder or landscaper to build the pool if there is not a specialised pool company in your area.
To build a kit set pool:
- Mark out the size of the pool on the ground
- Order the pool kit
- Organise an excavator to dig the pool out and remove the soil
- Set up the braces as per instructions by a builder or your self
- Organise a concrete contractor to lay the floor
- Builder or owner frames up pool
- Plumbing to be done by owner
- Backfill to be done by labourers or machinery
- Liner to be fitted by local pool contractor or by owner
- Copings to be installed by landscape contractor
- Organise fencing contractors to install surrounding fences
- Concrete contractors to lay surrounding concrete
- Builder to construct decking
There are cheaper pools available on the market, and they will serve the purpose, ie. to provide a swimming hole in the back yard. But when you have spent all the money on the surrounds, landscaping, fencing etc. you still have a cheap looking pool, where as you can spend a bit more at the start for a Finishrite kitset pool, and the end result is remarkably upgraded. The surround costs will still be the same, the installation cost are a little more, but the finished look is a great investment.